Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm not lazy.

OK, that may be a lie.

I've been slacking. I should be writing about the amazing time I had at the Harbour Bridge Walk. Or about my free weekend at Byron Bay (which is where I'm going to go slack for two years after I get my masters degree). Or how about the night I was thisclose to going to Tokyo? But I am going to post this.

It's going to be featured on the main page soon!!

And yes those are my feet. I was shooting the photo illustration for the opinion piece I just linked above. Or attempting to. This shot was an accident. But I kinda liked it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Erin,its your dad's friend Alan from the U.S.Not only did we push buttons,we got got paid to do it!Yes it stunk so does life,its only poop....drink up.

Anonymous said...

Its been so long since we've had an update from you! It sounds like you are having a blast - Austrailia, Free Vacations, a spontaneous night of almost being whisked away to Tokyo. No... I don't envy you. lol, but I do miss you! Please keep us updated!

- Justin

Anonymous said...

Erin, I really liked your piece on recycled water. If you had the time and interest, here's another aspect of environmental degradation you could follow up on: An article in Feb 2007 National Geographic pertains to oil extraction in Nigeria, and states that natural gas flares from wells operated by Shell spew an incredible amout of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. I got to wondering about how much NG was actually wasted this way in other countries where oil is extracted. All the talk about controlling greenhouse gas emissions from cars and factories may be misplaced by well meaning activists. How do the numbers (i.e. tons of CO2) actually compare from different sources and different companies in different countries? Is it possible to compare GM, Ford, and Toyota to Shell, Exxon/Mobil and BP? Is there any significant oil production in Australia? Do the producers burn the natural gas in flares or tap it and use it for the energy market?