Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Madness is fleeing the country

I've been packing and doing laundry and ensuring I have the correct balance of warm-to-cold weather clothing (under 70 lbs. per bag) and tracking down every last sport sock and not sleeping much for about the past 24 hours. Actually, I do sleep, I just don't fall asleep until past 4 a.m. and the sleep 'til noon (bad time management!!)

And despite all that you see above(that's what my suitcases look like, in case you were wondering), it really doesn't feel real. It's insane. I know in my head that I'm leaving, but my gut is saying, "HA! You're very funny, Brain. You know this isn't actually going to happen." So, perhaps it'll all align when I'm actually in Sydney. I hope it will.

So... it's Georgetown-Louisville-Chicago-San Francisco-Sydney in about 23 hours. Have I mentioned that I get to skip Valentine's Day? I leave San Francisco at 10:30 p.m. on the 13th and arrive in Sydney at 7:50 a.m. on the 15th. Which is exciting. YAY!!

No comments: