Saturday, February 24, 2007

I WON A TRIP!!!!!

I won a free trip!!!! Because I kicked a Weet-Bix's ass in a contest at my orientation. And Weet-Bix, without milk, is like chewing sawdust. So, I get to either go north to Byron Bay for surfing and Gold Coast and beaches, or southwest to Melbourne and culture and all that jazz. I want to do both but know I really can't. But still, FREE TRIP. (Katy- do you still want to go to Melbourne when you're here, because if you do I'll take Byron Bay.)

So, the international party was last night. MQ (that's short for Macquarie University) bused us all to Darling Harbour and rented out an entire night club/bar and had really cheap drinks. It was really a cool bar and a really nice location. I mean, right on the Harbour. Seriously. But my flatmates and I decided that we wanted to meet some other people, not just international students (I live in Americaville) so we met up with a pub crawl that another residence was putting on. A residence with actual Australians in it. We only actually crawled to one pub, Sweeney's, but it had a "Roof Beer Garden" and cheap (for Australia) pitchers of beer. The good stuff too! I had a leetle too much to drink, but so had everyone. And by the end of the night we were chatting with the bartender, who was off-duty, about all the problems in the U.S. and the Dick Cheney visit (he's in Sydney. Good thing you can't have guns here. He may shoot someone in the face again).

And then we hopped a bus back to campus, and were promptly scared by a massive spider in our bathroom. But I'm currently peeling one of my flatmates, Adam, off the floor because he's really hungover. I woke up a bit early and have been chugging water for about two hours so I feel much better. My other flatmate, Phil, wants to go clubbing tonight, while Doriana is sick with a sinus infection. So, we'll see.

I WON A FREE TRIP!!! HA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I still want to go to Melbourne if its a possibility so go where ever you want! Congrats on winning the contest. -Katy

Anonymous said...

Wait, so let me get this straight. Its not good enough that you are spending your entire semester in Austrailia, but you win a contest (while in Austrailia) to either enjoy MORE culture or GO FREAKIN' SURFING. I hate you. LOL, have fun! Looks like your luck is changing -- maybe you'll mojo will come back and you'll meet a tall, tan, blue-eyed, blonde-haired, Austrailian surfer on your trip.